"Cape Laud" LBTS quickly becoming known as Cape Cod of the South
Millionaires from the New England States are flocking to LBTS for many reasons apart from real estate investing but most go for the vacation experience which could be dubbed Little Boston or Cape Cod of the South depending on your point of view. Some of the reasons New Englanders and lovers of NE culture identify with the jurisdiction are similarities between the two areas including:
- Both Cape Code and LBTS have a Fishing Pier
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Sea Turtles
- Yoga on the Sand
- Low skyline quaint rooftops
- Luxury Retail businesses such as Sloan's Luxury Ice Cream in LBTS and Ghelfi's Candies of Cape Cod
- Both abounding in bed & breakfast hotels directly on the ocean
- Great dining options including Seafood, Italian, Greek, Lebanese and Continental Bistros
- Boutique shopping
- Entertainment always within walking distance
- Great Spa Services - Atlantis Salt Cave is about to expand to the area as well!
- Trains, Duckboats, Trolleys, Golf Carts, and Bike Rentals at both!
- Art Fairs and Street Dances at both locations also
The only thing LBTS lacks that Cape Cod has is the sheer size. The population of Cape Cod is well over 200,000 while Lauderdale-by-the-sea harbors a paltry 6000 residents. Whether this is good or bad is a matter of opinion but one thing for sure: They are flocking from the north to the south and appreciating some tidbits of their culture upon arrival..